You will be greeted courteously by the receptionists, who will help you make the best use of our services. You are guaranteed confidentiality at all times.
If you wish to speak to any member of the Primary Health Care Team in confidence, please ask. If you are unsure as to which member of the team is best able to help you please ask.
As an NHS patient of this practice you are entitled to:
- Be registered with a GP
- Receive a clear explanation of the treatment you are offered.
- Courtesy from the staff.
- Respect for religious or cultural beliefs.
- Have access to your medical records.
- A consultation on the same day if you need to see a doctor urgently. You may, however, have to wait longer without a booked appointment unless it is a genuine emergency.
- A health check on registering with the practice.
- Be offered advice on a "healthy lifestyle".
- Be referred to a consultant when your GP thinks it necessary. You may be referred for a second opinion if both you and your GP think it necessary.
- A copy of the Practice leaflet.
- Make constructive comments, complaints or suggestions and will be heard in private by the practice manager.
- Be reviewed at intervals if taking regular medication. Repeat prescriptions will be available within 24 hours of their request.
- Be advised of any steps you can take to promote good health and avoid illness.
- Health Education leaflets are freely available.
- The premises comply with Health and Safety regulations. Instruments and equipment used are regularly serviced and calibrated to ensure accuracy.
We would request that you help us to help you!
Patients have responsibilities as well as rights.
The practice asks you to:
- Be punctual - arrive on time.
- Inform the practice if you are unable to keep your appointment.
- Please keep your telephone call as brief as possible, as the first hour in the morning is the busiest time.
- Only make requests for home visits if you are too ill to attend the surgery.
- If possible, request home visits by 10.30am.
- Please ask for a night visit if it is really necessary.
- Please remember, despite increasing patient demand and expectation, the final decision to visit lies with the doctor.
- Treat the members of the Primary Care Team with courtesy.
- Act in a responsible way whilst on surgery premises. Please keep young children under control.
- Not smoke, as smoking is not allowed in this surgery.
- Give 24 hours' notice when ordering a repeat prescription. Do not leave it until the last minute.
- Please make separate appointments for each member of the family needing to see a doctor.
- Inform the receptionist/doctor of any change of circumstances e.g. name or address.
- Please be patient. Appreciate that delay is sometimes unavoidable.
We appreciate your co-operation.